Thursday, April 17, 2014

Little Sparrow Cosmetics

I've been getting massively into indie makeup companies lately. Cheap prices, great quality, and they often have superfun themes and colors bigger companies don't. My latest haul came from Little Sparrow, a shop based out of Knoxville, Tennessee. Jessica specializes in lip colors called "lip jellies", blushes, and eyeshadows.

I saw a swatch of one of her lipsticks called "Gold Medal" and instantly had to order it. Because... SHINY.

I decided to just get Gold Medal, and shipping was a reasonable $2. I placed my order April 4th and it arrived on April 15th, which is a fabulous turnaround time for a one-woman show!


This is what I found when I opened the package. DESPICABLE ME DUCT TAPE, GUYS!


I was surprised to find TWO more tubes in my package. Samples are common in the indie world, but two full-sized lip stuffs? Awesome! Jessica threw in a lip jelly in Raspberry Tart and a lip balm in Bubble Gum.

Unfortunately, I cannot stand the smell of Bubble Gum. It smells... well, like bubble gum. I'm not sure if it's too sickly sweet for me or if this is due to an unpleasant incident with bubble gum vodka, but either way, it's not getting used.



Pleasantly, the other two lippies are a different story.

Raspberry Tart Lip Jelly on my lips

OMG SO PRETTY. Raspberry Tart is a beautiful dark pink that I will definitely wear this summer! The formula glides on lips nice and easily. I can't speak to its lasting power as my lip colors never last as long as other bloggers, but this was perfectly adequate.

Gold Medal Lipstick on my lips in atrocious lighting

SO PURTY. Unfortunately, it's a little bit drier than the lip jelly and doesn't go on as smoothly. It also leans a lot more greenish than the swatch indicates. It's still super pretty, though, and easy to build up to opacity. I'm also excited to try this one out over other colors!

I'm already planning my second order from Little Sparrow, and I definitely intend to pick up a lip jelly in Blueberry. Overall, I highly recommend Little Sparrow! 

3 comments:

  1. You should shop on wwwtheallnaturalface.com and www.silknaturals.com. They look like they have neat affordable stuff (the first site has gold and purple lip products you would appreciate) and a review of the quality of these products would be something I would like to read! I enjoy your blog so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know, I've been hearing such great things about Silk Naturals lately! It's not too high up on my list to try - there are SO MANY COMPANIES - but it's definitely on there.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. I love TANF! :)

      I also highly recommend Shiro Cosmetics, Pumpkin and Poppy, and Haus of Gloi. Intense pigmentation, great texture, and delicious scents!

      Ah the Gold Metal Lipstick is right up my alley ♥

      www.ourownkind.blogspot.com

      Delete