Saturday, August 30, 2014

PurpleCat Creatives Review

PurpleCat Creatives has been on my list of companies to try for a while, but it wasn't until I saw a sale and that several scents I was curious about were gone that I decided to order. They're clearing out summer scents, so the deal was if you spent $20 you could request your favorite summer/spring scents and get an extra. I had wanted to try Clandestine for forever, and so I prayed that they had some left over.

I placed my order on August 23rd. It shipped August 25th and I had it on the 27th. Everything came in a small box, and I got two extras! I ordered three perfume samples and two soap whips, and received a sugar scrub and mini body butter for free.






Cheshire Chai: Delectable chai tea with notes of ginger, clove, nutmeg and cinnamon, rounded out with exotic frankincense. 
This one goes back and forth on me between smelling like Chai and smelling more like cinnamon. It's delectable. It also makes me want to brew a cup of chai and curl up next to a fireplace.


Dreamcatcher: Warm caramel touched with an exotic blend of clove, nutmeg, chipotle and curry. 
It starts off overwhelmingly and beautifully caramel, then turns towards warm spices. It reminds me of Christmas cookies; for me, this will be the perfect winter scent around the holidays.


Twilight GypsyRustic Vanilla bean mingled with aromatic oakwood campfire for a rich and exotic dance around a twilight bonfire.
 Uh-oh. Sniffed this one deep to try to pick up notes and it smells vaguely like bug spray. It must be some combo of the wood + vanilla smell, but on me this does not work AT ALL. After ten  minutes it starts to smell more like the description, but there's still some quality to it that wrinkles my nose a bit.



Raven's Blend: Fresh brewed coffee blended with dark chocolate, caramel, aromatic hazelnuts and cream. 

Very intense on cold sniff. At first I thought I was smelling pure vanilla extract (the dark notes of it) or something along those lines; after reading the description again I can pick up the dark chocolate. I LOVE this one, it's just very hard to describe! I'd never used a soap whip before, but I just put a tiny bit on my loofah and used it like any other shower thing, and it worked well. Using your first indie bath product is a little strange; I was staring it down, thinking "is this really going to get me clean?" But I seem to smell fresh and it lathered like every other product, so hey, I think it works!


Marzipan: Rich almond marzipan with hints of vanilla shortbread and bourbon. Classic and decadent. 
Such bourbon!! But it's also sweet. I love this one; it's more complex than I would have imagined.


Viva Margarita: This makes me thirsty! It smells exactly like a good salted margarita on the rocks. Yum. The consistency is nice - nothing groundbreaking, but what I expect from a good body butter.


Clandestine: This is the scent I was most excited to try, and I was so thrilled she had some in stock. This is another one that I enjoy but it's hard to describe; the notes of coffee and strawberry seem spot on, but they mix in a way I didn't really picture beforehand.

The packaging on everything is gorgeous; I love how professional and put-together her shop is. My one tiny gripe is that the label for Twilight Gypsy is facing the other direction than the other two, but that's just one of the little things that bothers me personally. You probably wouldn't notice it if you're not completely neurotic.

Overall, this was an amazing purchase. I love everything except Twilight Gypsy, and I can't believe I got two extra goodies! The postage price put me off beforehand, but knowing that it's sent in a box makes me feel a lot better going forward. This will not be my last purchase from Purplecat Creatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment